Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Trying Eel for the First Time

Stacie took us to a really good Japanese restaurant in Seaside. Lette ordered a sushi platter. She ate the raw fish while I tried some (barely cooked) eel. I really wanted to try it so I could tell Michael how brave I was (he's really into trying weird foods). I have to admit it was good, but a weird texture. The sauce was tasty, though. I think I would do better with it next time. Thanks for letting me try it, Lette! Stacie


Stacie enjoyed getting my reaction on camera. Of course, she didn't try it! Actually, we went to a seafood market and she about hurled when she walked in and took one smell of the place. Poor thing. She had to smell seafood the whole way home. Not good when she's 14 weeks along and already can't stand seafood. Thanks for putting up with us, Stace!

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It wasn't that bad because we had the windows open. That market was horrible though! Thanks for going in and buying the crab for me. Mom, Larry, Steve, Jessica and Andrew loved it! They said it was a good one.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm always up for buying seafood! Glad you did OK on the way home. I was feeling guilty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails