Thursday, January 29, 2009

Josiah's Turn


O.K., since I bragged on Hailey last time, now it is Josiah's turn. When he came home from AWANAS last night, one of his Cubbie leaders (who happens to be my neighbor) said that there was a new little boy there who was crying because he wanted his mommy. They asked Josiah to play with him since he has such a kind heart. She said he was so sweet with the little boy and got him to stop crying and get involved with the group. I was so proud of him! It does my mom's heart good to hear something like this when I've been wondering if anything I've been teaching him is sinking in. Sometimes his "leadership" qualities get him into trouble, but when it comes to matters of the heart (which are definitely more important) it is nice to see he's seems to be "getting it". I guess how they behave when you aren't around is the true test. I just praise God for this encouragement and hope it might encourage any of you mothers (or fathers) out there who are also in the trenches, striving to mold character and God's love into imperfect children.

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Great job, Josiah! Josh is like that.

CD said...

That's so sweet! I love it! It's so nice to know other parents out there are raising sweet children to have character & to know & love Jesus!!

Rachel and Family said...

What a precious little man!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails