Monday, January 12, 2009

Mexican Pot Roast (slow-cooked)

This recipe has become a family favorite around here. We always eat it as a pot roast the first night, then I shred the leftovers and use it the next day in tacos or quesadillas, or you can freeze and use later. Excellent with homemade whole wheat tortillas (can search my blog for that recipe).

Mexican Pot Roast

3 lbs beef, venison, elk or pork roast

Mix together:
2 cups salsa or Picante sauce (mild or hot)
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tsp garlic powder (or 4 freshly minced garlic instead)
2 to 3 tsp Celtic Sea Salt, depending on taste
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbl honey

Pour sauce over meat. Set slow cooker to high and cook all day. Shred leftovers and use in other Mexican dishes.

5 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

This looks good! I use my crockpotter all the time and am always looking for new ideas! I also use WW tortillas, (non hydrogenated) but not the homemade kind!! Bravo to you. I'll have to give that a try when I'm feeling especially frisky!

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

That sounds yummy! I'm sure my husband will appreciate you sharing this recipe. He loves mexican food and I never can think of anything except tacos or enchilladas.

blessedmomof3 said...

Hi Jackie! I am glad to hear you have received some blessings after a hard week!

Yes, they have Curves here, but I don't have any way to get to one, plus, I don't think Bob would really want to part with the money. I think Curves would be great though!

Freckles and Frogs said...

Have fun at Spa night! Always a favorite! I didn't do MOPS here. The had a waiting list due to small child care facilities and the cost was more than double LG's! I am meeting lots of nice people, but I sure do miss you all! have a blast tonight!

Brenda said...

I am trying this for dinner tonight. It smells incredibly good already!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails