Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hailey's First "Story Time" at the Library

I got brave last week and took Hailey and Josiah to "Story Time" at our local library. She did better than I thought she would. They always sing a couple of songs before they begin, just to get the wiggles out. She loved that part! She made it through one book and then started wandering. At least she was quiet. She was pretty possesive over her cushion though. She didn't want anyone touching it! That girl's got attitude!



Here Hailey found a comfy chair to hang out in while she looked at books. I can't believe how different girls are from boys. When Josiah was that age, I'd have been trying to keep him contained and quiet and off the rafters. We'll definitely be go back more often now that I know she'll do OK.

Well, it's raw dairy day, so I better get back to making queso fresco cheese, butter and ice cream. Oh, yummy!
P.S. We're lovin' the truck! Thanks to everyone for all your encouraging comments. We are still very excited about it.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Olivia and I have spent many hours at the Tigard library, attending story times and enjoying a change of scenery - it's always so much fun! I thought it was great to see my aunt (Melissa's mom) leading story time - thanks for the picture!

blessedmomof3 said...

So cute! Hailey looks cute sitting on that little couch. I remember when my boys were younger and we would walk to the library for story time, and then they would check out some books. Don't get to do that now with Katie because the library is too far, and I can't drive yet.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

This is something I WON'T do with six kids! I'm glad you are able to. It looks like fun!

Freckles and Frogs said...

Ahhh.... we miss Miss Vickey! Thanks for sharing! Noah LOVED story time and the LG Library! All of our new crayons still get broken in half, and have the paper ripped off of them immediately because that's how "miss Vickey and Miss Carrie" did it!

RaD said...

I don't think it's necessarily a girl vs. boy thing, cuz' when Elisha was small he could sit through stories at the library like that with no problems. He was (still is) very observant and watched what the bigger kids did to see what he needed to be doing. Bethany on the other hand, was loud and boisterous and got bored with the whole thing too easily. She the one who usually goes looking for "adventure."

Or maybe my kids just aren't normal! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails