Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lookin' The Part

I just signed Josiah up for his first year of "real" soccer. I didn't realize how expensive the gear could get. So I started asking/looking around for used stuff. I'm so excited because today I went down to our local children's re-run shop and found a nice pair of cleats, shin guards in socks, and a nice pair of soccer shorts to go with whatever uniform shirt he ends up with. I only paid $13 for everything!As soon as we got home, Josiah put on all his gear (plus a outgrown soccer shirt he got from his cousins) and wanted to play even though it was raining outside. We start soccer towards in the end of June, so he's got awhile. He can't wait! I think it will be a great way to run some of that energy off of him.

It cracks me up how intense he is!

3 comments:

RaD said...

He looks good! Be ware, you never realize how much you'll get into a sport until your kid is in it!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

$13 that's great!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew is soooo excited that it's his turn to play. I hope you video a game so we can see him.

Also, will we get to see him play in August when we come up?

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Stacie,
I don't think you'll get to see him play because they take a week off during fair and I think that is the week you are coming up. I'll make sure I tape a game for the grandparents. All the games are on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails