Thursday, May 21, 2009

My First Real Ride

I'm so excited! I just had to share. I went on two "official" rides today for the first time. For the last two weeks I've been practicing riding around just the neighborhood side streets because I really wanted to get a feel for Michael's bike before I started riding on the main roads and downtown. Well today I was getting a little bored of riding the streets and feeling pretty confident so Michael talked me into riding to one of our local parks because he thought I was ready. I rode to the park, which PTL there were very few people there, so I decided to practice parking. Riding is easy, parking the bike is a lot harder for me. I've dropped it once trying to park in our driveway, so I really felt I needed more practice before I went downtown. I felt a lot more confident after I parked it 5 different ways without dropping the bike. Yeah!
Well, tonight I had the opportunity to go downtown to our local library for a Homeschool Curriculum Fair. I was so nervous, but I decided to do it. It was so fun and I feel so much more at ease now, knowing I can drive on the main roads. Now that I know I'm capable of parking in different angles, tomorrow, I'm going to drive the bike to Curves (an exercise club for women), which will mean going through my first traffic light. It will be early in the morning so not a lot of traffic. Baby steps! I'm getting there and I'm glad I'm taking it slow. I'm having a blast! I think one of the reasons I like riding so much is because when I'm riding I'm not thinking about anything else, except that. I know that as I get more comfortable it will be a great stress reliever for me.
Want to wish everyone a good Memorial Day Weekend. Lets keep in mind those who've gone before us as we have fun this weekend.
God Bless!

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Good job, Jack! I'm glad you are going slow. That makes me feel better, but you are still in my prayers!

Can't wait to see you tonight. Have a safe trip down here.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Don't stop praying for me! I need all the protection I can get. I rode to Curves this morning. I went really early so there was less traffic and I did great. I'm think I'm ready to hit a back road. I've been bit by the motorcycle bug. I'm already having withdrawals since I won't get to ride this weekend. Can't wait to see you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails