Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Homemade, Non-Toxic, Kid-Safe, Mosquito Spray/Repellent

A friend of mine from church gave me this recipe for a non-toxic mosquito repellent. I've tried it and it so far it has worked great on all of us. Mosquitoes love me, so if this works on me, it should work on anyone. Being red-heads, my kids have sensitive skin so I have to be careful on how much citronella oil I use in their formulas. This is so absolutely easy (and cheap) that anyone can make it, I promise!
Ready? Here it goes:
Homemade, Non-toxic, Kid-Safe Mosquito Repellent:
-2 oz plastic spray bottle (I picked a couple up at Wal-mart in the travel section for less than a dollar a piece)
-10 drops drops of citronella oil (can get at local health food store)
-add water to fill
How easy is that? My friend also told me that if it isn't working, add more citronella oil. He told me that for extra sensitive skin, you can add a few drops of geranium oil or back off on the citronella oil. Hope it works as well for you as it does for us!
***BTW, if you do get bit or stung by a bee, rub some apple cider vinegar on it. It'll take the sting/inch out. Also, ACV works great on minor burns.

4 comments:

Together We Save said...

Thanks for the info, this is great for the kids. Well me too.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

OK, I need some of that oil! Jessica gets eaten alive!

Love your new pic!

Natalie said...

OK I'm totally trying this one. I get eatten alive when I'm pregnant by those pesky mosquitos. I love that it's natural. I'm always a little nervous to spray my kids down with chemicals, so this is a nicer alternative

Unknown said...


Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information.

Child safety | Kidsafe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails