Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Homeschool Post Office Field Trip

Last week, our local Christian homeschool group took a trip to the Post Office. There were so many of us, we had to be split into two groups. It was so neat for the kids to see what happens to the mail in the post office. My kids brought letters to mail. They got to ride on the lift that helps load the mail on the delivery trucks.Amanda, a fellow MOPS table leader, was our tour guide. We got to be her first tour ever.Amanda is showing us the large mail bags.The kids wanted to be put in the bags and mailed. No such luck ;)The kids who brought letters got to stamp it with the official USPS stamp to show that it had been officially mailed.Then they got to put their letters directly into the drop box. We had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks, Amanda!

Happy Wednesday,
Jackie

8 comments:

RaD said...

Sounds like fun! I've actually been looking into doing a post office field trip for the kids' school too!

Sarah said...

Wow Jackie that field trip looked like so much fun! I especially liked the part of the children wanting to be mailed! Lol! Your son looks so pleaseed to be getting to stamp his letter! There are not many homeschooled children within Ireland so we are still quite an oddity here! But we are part of a national group who get together locallly now and then and also there is an annual conference...this year will be our first!

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

I loved doing field trips, learning in a real environment, social time, just all sorts of good things.

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Wow! Your field trip looked like so much fun! It reminded me of the post office field trip that I went on with my own children when they were small. It was right when they had the anthrax scare after 9/11 so it almost didn't happen. Loved reading about your adventure. I have a weekly meme at my blog if you'd like to link it up. It's called Field Trip Friday and I have it every week. Blessings!:)

Tina said...

Great fieldtrip. I tried to set one up at the post office a few years ago and was told that, after 9-11, they didn't do fieldtrips any more. Guess I ought to check again. (I've always wanted to see behind the scenes.) :)
Thanks for sharing.
In His love,
Tina

christy rose said...

What a great field trip!

Freckles and Frogs said...

What a great field trip idea Jackie! Looks like fun! I'm glad Amanda joined mops too! How fun!

Haddock said...

Must be a real experience for the kids

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails