Friday, January 14, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Gift

I'm having a ball learning how to use my new camera. I love how much crisper the pics are. I even got brave and went into the "cool functions menu" (no that isn't a technical term ;). I got a really good deal on a Canon Powershot SX130. I was able to buy it (along with a few other things) with a very generous Christmas bonus from my boss. I only work 6 hours a week from home and he still gives me a nice bonus at the end of the year. What a guy! 

I thought I'd share some random shots I took using some of the functions on my new camera. This first one I thought was so cool. It picks up one color (the chess board) and everything else is black and white. How cool is that? I know, I'm a nerd. You guys have probably had all this stuff figured out long ago, LOL.

This is my kids after eating some refined sugar and red dye ;) Had fun with the "fish eye" function. Yes, my kids really are this pyscho, LOL! Beware of redheads!

This one didn't turn out as crisp as I was hoping, but I wanted to show you how I decorated up this corner by the fireplace. We got an accordion from my uncle and I didn't know where to put it, so I just used it as part of the furniture and stacked some books under the basket vase. At first I thought it looked kind of junky, but it is growing on me.

I experimented with close up pics using my ham and corn chowder as the model. I'll try to post this recipe soon!

I'm super excited about the low lighting function. Now I can photograph my Christmas trees and they'll look better. Yeah! I know boring picture, but I was just experimenting.

Here is that function that brings out one color again. So fun! I can't believe I'm photographing fruit, LOL. Never thought I'd be doing that.

Josiah took this picture of me. With a little editing, I decided to use it for my new profile pic. I think I've got a budding photographer on my hands! Michael decided he wanted a new picture of me for his wallet. I guess it is high time he removed my high school picture. That was awhile ago, LOL.
I liked this function too, where the middle is in focus and the top and bottom are blurry. 

Hopefully my photography will improve with this new camera and you all won't be forced to look at blurry pictures anymore :) 

What about you, what was your favorite thing you got for Christmas?

I figured out how to make my blog available to those who want to follow it via email. Just click on the icon at the top of my sidebar to subscribe.

BTW, I was looking over my last post (whole wheat macaroni and cheese recipe) and realized I forgot a major ingredient - milk! I know a lot of you have already printed out the recipe, so don't forget to add 3 cups of milk to it. I've fixed it in the post, but just wanted to let you know in case you were wondering how much milk to use. Sorry about that!

Blessings,
Jackie

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Thanks for the new pics! I also appreciate the addition to the recipe. I didn't make it because I couldn't imagine how it would turn out without milk. You look lovely too, btw!

Unknown said...

Oooo...a new camera! That IS a lovely gift! ;) I actually think my favorite gift was a LENS for my camera...LOL! It is a 50 mm 1.8 which means I can take lowlight photos also! YAY! :)

PS - I take pictures of fruit,food, and all manner of weird things ALL the time! So, it's all good! :D HEEHEE!

Melanie said...

Your new camera is awesome! So neat what it can do. Love the new picture of the kids at the top too! Oh and you are one hot Momma! lol

Anonymous said...

It's quite amazing what those little point and shoot camera's can do these days! Sometimes our little camera does a much better job than the fancy camera!! Have fun!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I was wondering why it was so dry! LOL! Just kidding!
Loved the picture of your kids and your new profile picture is FABULOUS!
I love a good chowder. Can't wait for your recipe.
Have a marvelous day my friend.
Kim

RaD said...

Yay! for the new camera, although yours sounds very high tech. I think I'm a little intimidated by it :)

His bondservant said...

Jackie,

What a wonderful Christmas present!! Especially with you being such an avid scrapbooker. I love gifts that are useful like that. You are doing a fantastic job working it too. And btw..the picture of you is lovely. You are lovely both inside and out!

God bless,
Jackie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so bad about forgetting a vital ingredient when I'm writing recipes out. It's laughable, really. Sorry guys!

Tina said...

Great photos!!!! Love the creativity and the glimpses into your life! :) (By the way, I like how you incorporated the accordian into your decor. Very creative.)
Love your header picture also; adorable!
I have a hard time picking my favorite Christmas gift - my husband got me an MP3 player, which I love. (I love to download Voddie Baucham and David Platt sermons and then listen to them while working around the house.) I also loved what my children got me - making bfast for a week, a gift card to Bath & Body, homemade dinner for my husband and myself, & a spatula. (Can never have too many scrapers in the kitchen.) :)
Thank you for sharing. Again, loved the photos!
In His love,
Tina

Freckles and Frogs said...

Ohhh.... I"ve been wanting to try that new camera! great pics! Love your new header picture. Your kiddos are so darn fun!!!!!!

Hmmmm.... the accordian, I have a violin in a case that's from my great aunt, over 100 years old. Been trying to figure out a way to display it. You're giving me ideas!

Lovely pictures!

OurLilFullFam said...

What neat pictures - I always wondered how they did those one color things I see!

Beautiful pic of you too!

Stephanie

christy rose said...

What an awesome Christmas gift. I want a new camera so bad! Love the pic that Josiah took of you. You look lovely!!

LOL about the absent milk ingredient to the macaroni and cheese recipe. I think it would be quite different without milk! :)

Jill said...

These pictures are great! I love your new header. Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Jackie! The camera works great! BTW please ignore my post about how bad white sugar is...LOL That was funny.

Lady Kara said...

Hi Jackie,

You have a great camera! I'm still trying to figure mine out. I guess I need to really make an afternoon out of experimenting, too.

God bless (and love the new profile pic),

Lady Kara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails