Friday, March 4, 2011

My Basic Healthy Eating Pantry List

I get asked what my basic pantry list looks like, so I finally took the time to write it down. This isn't everything, but it does give you the basics.


Some of my staples are:

Whole wheat bread flour (I actually prefer the bread flour at Nature's Pantry)
Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
Sucanat
Whole grain cornmeal
Raw Honey (I prefer Clover)
Celtic Sea Salt (fine)
Various whole wheat pastas
Various Beans
Brown Jasmine rice
Coconut oil
Bragg's organic, first cold pressed olive oil
Bragg's apple cider vinegar
organic white wine vinegar (Napa Valley)
Madagascar vanilla
Various raw nuts
All natural peanut butter
arrowroot powder (instead of cornstarch)
aluminum-free baking powder
Arm and Hammer baking soda (can get a big box at Walmart in the laundry section for way cheaper.)
red or yukon gold potatoes rather than russets
canned organic tomato sauce
canned organic tomato paste
various spices

Hope that helps get you started. You can make a lot of meals with just these items. Let me know if you have anymore questions. 



Blessings,
Jackie

5 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love that I have most of these things in my pantry. You have been a good influence on me. I'm going to keep this list for my mom's talk.

His bondservant said...

So funny Jackie...we have almost the same list! Thanks for posting. I love to get glimpses of what others do to get and stay healthy.

Catherine said...

We have many of the same things too, Jackie. You are doing well in mentoring others into the natural foods lifesyle.

Camille said...

Great post Jackie! It's encouraging to see that we have similar things in our pantries...yippee! :) What a wonderful idea to write it out for others to see where to begin...thank you for taking the time to do it.

Have a lovely weekend!
Blessings,
Camille

Pantry Shopping List Maker said...

Thanks so much for sharing. Too often people think that being healthy means shirking dried or canned food! You're proof that a healthy grocery list can certainly include both of these things. Brilliant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails