Friday, October 19, 2012

Last Chance Fishing

We thought we'd head up to our local lake in our rowboat one last time while the weather was still good. So glad we did because we caught 10 fish in less than two hours. The kids were ecstatic! Josiah likess to eat trout and he loves the thrill of being able to catch enough for our dinner. 
Hailey looked so cute in my fishing hat. I think I'll let her keep it.

We caught some really good sized trout and had to throw back about 5 smaller ones. The best part is that BOTH kids were catching them, so there wasn't any whining about so and so catching all the fish.

"He Who Fishes". We always enjoy watching the Osprey who live near the lake. It is so cool when they snag a fish right out of the water.

The diamonds on the water always draw my eye.

Hailey with the first fish she caught. I'm glad we had a successful day. It is nice to go fishing with her now that she isn't throwing things out of the boat like she did when she was little. There are jars of lead sinkers and fish bait down at the bottom of this lake somewhere, thanks to Hailey Baby. We always tease her about it and tell her that we are just glad our cellphones and my purse didn't end up there, too.

Hope you are all enjoying some last minute recreation before winter settles in. 

God Bless,
Jackie


2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm glad your cell phone and purse aren't there either! Yikes!!!

You changed the layout of your blog. How did you get your pictures so much bigger? It looks great!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I had to changed templates in Blogger. I was tired of my pictures being so tiny. Glad you like it! I can help you change your if you like.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails