Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Easy, Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe



I got this recipe from my sister a few years ago. It is one of our staples around here. It is so easy, especially if you are already using cooked chicken. I always hold back some chicken meat when I slow cook a whole chicken for this recipe. Great potluck dish, too.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe:

2 cups frozen mixed veggies (thawed) - I use, carrots, peas, celery, green beans, corn and spinach or chard
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or cut up
2 cups cream of chicken soup (I used homemade condensed)
2 cups of potatoes, cubed small

Quick Spooned on Crust:
1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup milk or buttermilk
1 tsp vinegar
½ cup melted butter
½ tsp pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix veggies, potatoes, soup and chicken, pour out in a greased 9 x13 pan. Spoon crust over mixture, bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. 

3 comments:

Camille said...

We *LOVE* chicken pot pie around here! It's the ultimate comfort food. YUM!!

Have a wonderful day my friend!

Love,
Camille

Cousin Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It is such an easy recipe. Glad you posted it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails