Monday, January 28, 2013

Our Bright Red Blessing!

 After wrecking our truck Christmas Eve while coming home from snowmobiling, we had some big choices to make. Actually, I left this decision completely up to my husband. He waited a month before deciding what to do, driving the wrecked truck to work when he had to. Definitely a conversation starter. In fact he had decided to go ahead and fix the wrecked truck himself because it would have been cheaper than buying a different truck as we couldn't find anything in our price range.

As he was getting the alignment done, he was reading the local auto advertisements and saw a the same style of truck (2 years older and with 100,000 more miles on it) for a price that was doable even though we would have to get a loan for part of it. We really need two vehicles because Michael's job is just far enough out of town to make it really difficult when the kids and I have to be somewhere during the week.
So we decided to bite the bullet. The good news is that because the styles are the same, we were able to switch over everything from our old truck to this "new" truck, including the lift kit, tires, cup holder, front bumper with winch and 4 inch exhaust. He's going to switch over the running boards next.

God blessed me again because he knows how much I love a red vehicle :) We hate to go into debt, but we praise God we were able to pay over half down in cash thanks to the emergency fund we had started as suggested by Dave Ramsey. It has been 12 years since we've had a loan on anything other than our house, but we really prayed about it and both had a peace. Getting it paid off as quickly as possible will be our focus. In the meantime, we are back to having two vehicles that the children can safely ride in.

Just had to share what God has done for us!

God Bless,
Jackie

6 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Jackie, that is good news. Isn't it great that God surprises us with things when we least expect it? Rejoicing with you! I really like my red car!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I'm a red girl to my friend and I would call that a blessing. God knows your hearts and I'm sure you'll get it paid off in no time.
Hugs!
Kim

Camille said...

What a blessing!! How very wonderful that it is of the same make, so all the *extras* could work on the *new to you* truck! God's Goodness is often displayed in the smallest of details!! I agree with Kim...you'll have it paid off in no time!! :)

With Love,
Camille

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

So glad that so much of it could be switched. It all worked out. Why do we worry and fret? God has it! I know you will be dilegent as you get that loan paid off. You guys are very good stewards with what the Lord has given you. You have been such a good example to me in this area.
Love you!

Patty said...

Isn't God good! Enjoy your new blessing!

RaD said...

Awesome! I'm glad it's all working out for you.

Good news! I was just saying I sort of miss the snow and we get to go this weekend. I am sooo not looking forward to the cold part though, but can't wait to see my kids having fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails