Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Weeding the Garden - An Impromptu Photo Shoot

I couldn't resist an impromptu photo shoot when Hailey showed up in her Laura Ingalls Wilder outfit to weed this garden this morning. Personally, I think she looks more like Holly Hobby. We were really late on getting the garden in for this area, so the plants and the weeds are madly competing with each other. I've started setting the timer for 30 minutes of mad weeding right after breakfast while it is still fairly cool.  

Since the kids are helping with the planting/weeding and harvesting, anything well sell (by donation only) will be split between them, first taking out 10% tithes and 35% savings and 5% for seeds and the electricity to water. The other 50% they will get to use for spending money. We are doing the same with the any milk soap sales.





Of course, Cuddles, Hailey's cat, decided he wanted his picture taken, too. He loves to hang out in the garden with us while we are working. He has been such a sweet addition to our little homestead. He is Hailey's live doll with fur ;)



Hope your garden is growing well if you planted one this year! I just finished planting mine. It was so big, I had to plant it in stages. I know I'm late, but the growing season is longer around here. The kids have been a big help this year as they are able to recognize the weeds better. This garden is about a quarter of an acre, so we should be plenty busy during harvest time if everything grows well. 

Hope you are all having an awesome summer!

God Bless,
Jackie

8 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Hailey is a cute live Holly Hobby doll. I've not put a garden in this year at all. I got a few seed packets, just have too much to do and not enough time to do it. A bit annoyed but I guess I can plant lettuce and beans any time and still be ok. I can start them in my little green house! Right? Thanks for sharing your daughter's photos.

aimee said...

Love it! I've been tempted to wear my pioneer outfit before--I think it would be lots of fun:) I've only planted lettuce, tomatoes and a couple of herbs this year. Good luck with the garden!
Blessings,
Aimee

RaD said...

Looks like a fun photo shoot! A lot of mine are impromptu as well. You just never know when your kids are going to have an awesome idea or two! :)

Camille said...

SO wonderful, my friend! Yippeee for all that produce when it ripens!! Ah...yes...weeds! That's the nasty part of gardening. :)

Your Hailey's outfit is cute and fits with the theme of this post very well. You captured some lovely shots of her...so precious!! These are wonderful days my friend...drink them all in!!

With Love,
Camille

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to meet cuddles. Lily can't stop talking about him.

mum4305 said...

Love your garden. Enjoy it. You are blessed to have willing helpers. My garden usually consists of a few window boxes with vegetables. This year I have nothing. Our oldest son married his sweetheart earlier this month and there just wasn't time to help with the wedding prep and garden too.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Congratulations on gaining a daughter in the family, Lori!

mum4305 said...

Thanks Jackie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails